Despite the fact that we know very little about this amazing little corner of the world, usually that information is all about the fact, that celebrities love to stop by there time after time, and that here you can indeed enjoy a bit of paradise as well. Perfect weather and beautiful beaches help to feel like it as well. However, what else you can say about Bora Bora? Probably not much, if you haven’t read about it before.
Because of this reason, today we would like to share just five small, but significant facts about Bora Bora island. After reading them, we can almost bet that you will start packing, look for the best Bora Bora hotels and head to this island just right now!
Image Credits : Shutterstock
5 facts about 'Bora-Bora'
- During the Second World War, Bora Bora was not the place where celebrities head to get a tan and enjoy their solitude. In fact, the United States of America actually chose these islands as a supply outpost for USA’s South Pacific Fleet. Bora Bora worked as an oil depot, airstrip, and seaplane base. Plus, these islands were also used as a place where US military can stay safe, so there are a lot of defensive fortifications constructed around these islands as well.
- Bora Bora’s name will be pretty hard to understand once you are in Bora Bora itself. That is all due to the fact, that in the Tahitian language, there is no letter 'B' in it. Instead, it has a letter 'P' and thus Bora Bora for locals is actually named Pora Pora. That literally means ' the firstborn' in English. So – don’t get surprised if locals pronounce the name of the island a bit differently that we are used to. It is still the same island!
- In Bora Bora, flirt is understood a little bit differently than in Western cultures. And the best example of that is the so-called flower tradition which you can try out once you in Bora Bora as well. This works pretty smoothly - 'If you put a flower on your left ear, it is a sign that you have someone special in your life. If you put it on your right ear, it means you are looking for someone exceptional in your life'. However, be aware that locals might love to hit on you since you put the flower on your right ear – they read this gesture as an invitation to get acquainted, so if you would like to avoid that – just don’t wear any flowers at all.
- If you are looking for a place where you can run away from everything and enjoy your solitude or romance with your beloved one - Bora Bora is the one! This island is actually one of the most secluded places on Earth. To prove this point, take notice of the fact that any island of Hawaii gets more visitors in ten days than Bora Bora and the whole French Polynesia (in which Bora Bora is located in) gets in an entire year! So here you will certainly get the best chance to stay with your mind for sure.
- And finally, Bora Bora is one of those places on Earth where youth cult is beyond everything. In fact, half of the population of this island is younger than 20 years, meaning that in here you should expect to see many beautiful young fellows enjoying the sun on the beaches and just hanging around too. Sounds like a nice place, isn't it?
* For any 'Advertising' or 'Sponsored post' queries, kindly Contact us.