In this advanced Technological era, still many number of 'Unsolved Mysteries' are circling around this world. Many are strange, unbelievable, unsolved etc... which question the rational thinking of humans.
Belmez strange faces on ground, Mysteries surrounding Pyramids, Stonehenge and many others built according to astronomical alignment and purpose unknown still active for further studies. This article focuses mainly on the mysterious monument which is not built centuries ago but decades ago that too in 1980.
About Georgia Guidestones
'Georgia Guidestones' was built entirely using Granite in the year 1980 in Elbert county,Georgia, USA. 4 granite slabs and a top center slab was erected which are nearly 19 ft and 3 inches ( 5.87 m).
Amazing fact is that these slabs contain a set of ten guidelines inscribed in eight ( 8 ) different modern languages on each side of the slab. On the top center granite slab, a shorter message is inscribed in 4 ancient languages i.e, Babylonian, Classical Greek, Sanskrit and Egyptian Hieroglyphs.
What are its Dimensions ?
- Total weight is 108 tons.
- The monument is 19 ft and 3 inches tall.
- 6 granite slabs make up this ' Georgia Guidestones'.
- A capstone lies on top of the center slab supported equally by those 4 stones.
- One small slab stands in the middle and other 4 granite slabs make the outer circle.
A small stone tablet which is set on the ground, a short distance from the monument contains history and purpose of this 'Georgia Guidestones'.
Image credits : Martin
Who built 'Georgia Guidestones' ?
In the year 1979, one year before its opening an unknown person(s) approached Elberton Finishing Company under the pseudonym R.C.Christian and made a deal on building this monument based on the specific design and features provided by them. They suggested that this 'Georgia Guidestones', must be erected in 1980 and must be entirely granite. During its inaugural, 100 people witnessed this event.
Which are the languages used on the granite slabs ?
The ten set of guidelines are inscribed on both the side of 4 granite slabs which form outer circle in the clockwise direction, in eight different 'modern' languages. The languages used are : English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese and Russian.
What are the guidelines inscribed in eight different languages ?
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpectual balance with nature.2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.3. Unite humanity with a living new language.4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.8. Balance personal rights with social duties.9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.
What does the explanatory tablet speaks about ?
The explanatory tablet speaks about the dimensions, size, weight and languages used on it. It also throws light on a buried 'Time capsule', under this tablet at depth of 6 feet. Each sides of this tablet is perpendicular to one of the cardinal directions.
The appropriate compass directions ( N, S, E, W ) is carved on the edges of this tablet. But this tablet failed to give any information about the date of burial of Time capsule and date of opening.
What are its Astronomical features ?
- The 4 granite stones which form the outer circle marks the limit of 18.6 year lunar declination cycle.
- There is hole in the center slab of this monument through which North star can been seen regardless of time.
- A small slot is aligned so that the rays of the Sun passing through highlights the day of the year exactly at noon.