Image credits : Carter
This is the 'Salar de Uyuni', the largest mirror in the world created by Nature with its best natural conditions. This is the largest salt flatland covering 4,086 square miles (10,582 kilometers). Every year, this amazing and breathtaking wonderland is formed with a thin layer of water whenever there is a rainfall.
Facts about Salar De Uyuni
- It is covered by several feet of salt.
- The temperature ranges from 13 to 22 degrees.
- Without rainfall this terrain is almost dry throughout the year.
- Salar de Uyuni is formed over thousands of years ago by Several prehistoric lakes.
- This wonderland formed in the Southwest Bolivia, is a breeding ground for pink flamingos...